Making A Mock Up Book

I wanted to make a mock up book for my Identity idea to see visually if it works well. I went into a book binding drop in to get some ideas flowing.


Book Binding gave me a chance to look at the different range of possible outcomes for books. The book I decided to make was a Japanese Stab Binding Book, I was going to use this to fill in my ideas with and so I could see if the idea worked or not, so this wasn't going to be my final outcome. 

Book One - Japanese Stab Binding


This book is useful if you have got single sheets of paper being bound together ans is good for thin paper.The drawbacks are that it doesn't open all the way back to the spine of the book when using slightly thick paper, making it harder to open.

  1.  Make a template.
  2. Make a mark half an inch from the top, one in the middle of the paper, then one either side. 
  3. Drill through each hole using a drill tool.
  4. Throw top piece away.
  5. Put a clip on the side and get an arms length of thread to go through the holes.
  6. Thread through each hole going along the top bind and threading it back through until you get all the way along. 

 



From here I can now put a few ideas inside and see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment