Evaluation

I feel that Visual Language was a chance for me to work a lot more independently in comparison to other modules. From the start I felt quite free on what it was I could and wanted to achieve; knowing that photography was going to be what it was based upon made it slightly easier for me to become focused on my work at the start. I was excited to be getting on with a module that I could really get creative with and express in my work.

I struggled with my time management throughout the course of the module as there were a lot of inconveniences getting in the way of me keeping on track with my work. I struggled to balance my work load a long side a number of distractions. Due to housing situations I became very stressed to the point where I had had enough and the Christmas break could not have come at a better time for me. I did not work as much as I should during the break and struggled to find a good rhythm of working. In hindsight, I should have prepared myself and my work load better going in to the break so I knew what exactly I wanted to focus on in terms of my collections. After a lot of deliberation and advice, I was determined not to let the module get the better of me and tried my best to get back on track with it upon returning to Leeds. It was only really towards the end of the module that I became focused again and felt more positive about my work. I quickly began the process of testing out concepts and work, of which I consulted with peers and in critique sessions. I found this to be very helpful and it inspired my work ethic. After some trial and error, I was set in the right direction and could finally get to grips with finalizing my work.

Throughout the module I changed my idea a few times. It took me a long time to get to a concept I was happy with and felt confident in pursuing. If I had come to the conclusion of what I was going to focus on sooner, I think the module would have run a lot more smoothly for me. I felt a lot more comfortable going in to this module following on from Commtech 2 as throughout that module I found an area of work I enjoy working in, which is photography. Knowing what medium I was going to be working in made it much easier for me.

I really enjoyed being able to practice my photography independently and creatively. I enjoy the process around photography and I can draw a lot more confidence following this module having practised it on my own. I now feel I have the ability and ambition to use my constantly growing skills in the Live Projects module which is coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment